The CIIC, Center for research in Informatics and Communications of Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (Portugal), IPL, was created in October 2008, having as its mission to carry out high quality research in the fields of Informatics and Communications in order to promote technology transfer. It also aims to enable the creation of spin-off companies and providing technological and scientific consulting services to both public and private entities. The CIIC-IPL promotes the following research areas: Multimedia and Cognitive Systems Engeneering, Networks and Communication Services, Information Systems, and Web Safety.
CIIC is represented, according to its internal regulation, by the:
- Coordinating Committee;
- Scientific board;
- External permanent Advisory Committee board.
The Coordinating Committee is constituted by the CIIC Coordinator (Vitor Manuel Basto Fernandes) and two additional elected members (Carlos Manuel da Silva Rabadão and Paulo Jorge Gonçalves Loureiro).
The Scientific Board is constituted by the CIIC Coordinator and all CIIC full members.
CIIC´s Advisory Committee board is constituted by:
- Professor Alexandre Júlio Teixeira Santos (Associated Professor in the Computer Department, Engineering school, , University of Minho, Portugal);
- Professor Edmundo Heitor da Silva Monteiro (Full Professor in the Computer Engineering Department, University of Coimbra, Portugal);
- Professor Florentino Riverola (Professor at the University of Vigo, Spain);
- Professor José Afonso Moreno Bulas Cruz (Professor in the Engineering Department, University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal);
- Professor José Luís Oliveira (Associated Professor in the Electronics and Telecommunications Department, University of Aveiro, Portugal);
- Professor José Manuel Nunes Salvador Tribolet (Professor in the Computer Engineering Department of Higher Technical Institute, Portugal);
- Professor José Maria Monguet Fierro (Professor from Barcelona´s Industrial Engineering Higher Technical School of Polytechnic University, Catalonia);
- Professor Mário Marques Freire (Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department, University of Beira Interior);
- Professor Mário Serafim dos Santos Nunes (Associated Professor in the Electrical Engineering Departmant, Higher Technical Institute, Portugal);
- Professor Terrence Fernando (Full Professor at the University of Salford, UK).